My Maca


For here I rest...

 
Widget
Halika, Usap Tayo

Blank
test
Blank
test
Rate Whatever!
75 Years for me
Monday, September 17, 2007
Funny how I hate milk (fresh milk, powdered milk, milk candies, milk chocolate and other milk-whatevers) yet love cultured milk (Yakult! Yakult!), and how I hate the famous green mango-bagoong tandem yet be happy for a week just eating ripe ones.

Just like how I haaaate weddings yet love wedding anniversaries.

Maybe because for me, there's always something more special about things and people that went through the test of time and lived to tell the tale. Of course, the innocence and pureness of something (a newly found love, or fresh milk and unripe mango, in this case) has an unquestionable and inimitable charm, but that's beside the point and that's another story.

So, I write about wedding anniversaries.

I recently attended the Silver wedding anniversary of Don's (my partner in crime) parents. Don and his sibs prepared and ran the program, they were really amazing :-). Their parents must really be proud--having raised kids is one, but having raised God-fearing, smart and talented kids is another.


CRW_1693

CRW_1828>

With Don, wedding reception at the East Ortigas Mansions



CRW_1846
Kuya Angelo, Ann, Don, Me and Kit


Three years ago, my lolo and lola celebrated their 50th, the same year that my parents celebrated their 25th. It was inspiring, really, not because my lolo and lola are still sweet (because they're not), but because I kinda know what they went through to bring up their kids. They were able to stand each other (stand for each other and stand up to each other) for half a century. Unbelievable.

I am still trying to find a scanned image of them during their wedding day (will soon post it, photo needs restoration). But here they are now: Ang lola kong pihikan sa pagkain, at ang lolo kong bugnutin. :-p


IMG_6882
Inay and tatay, 50 yrs after :-)


Honestly, I can't picture myself (yet) seeing the same person day in and day out for fifty looooong years-- but that's because I'll break the record, you guys. 75 years for me! Cheers!
posted by Elaine @ 2:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Elaine
Philippines

See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 My Maca .Template by Isnaini Dot Com